Wednesday, December 23, 2009

delay

i'm sitting in the airport. the last time i was here was six weeks ago, and while i knew that my mom had died, i got the official news while i was waiting in this concourse. just a matter of feet from where i'm sitting now.

that flight was delayed. so is tonight's flight. mike and jim and i arrived that day within minutes of each other, though we could not have been more spread out across the country. it felt like coming into formation.

the past year of my life has been about recognizing lessons and gifts in my life. even when at times, i was on delay.

shortly before mom got sick, i met kate. it's been a strange combination to lose my mom so suddenly, and fall in love. i'm grateful i met kate first. i trust our path.

i've spent four years working on trusting my steps. and i do.

this past two months has been a mix of hello and goodbye. all stunning.

and with almost every step i recognize some experiences, most of them recent, that make me feel more ready for all of it.

and while recognition does feel a little on delay, i still readily recognize it's a very charmed life i'm leading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*love* Merry Christmas Eve, honey. I am glad you are able to be with your family!